SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.18pre4
On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 05:08:22PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > The very fact that a large and important patch by
> > (as far as I can see) the NFS _maintainers_ is not
> > being accepted by the stable kernel maintainer does
> > not fill one with hope about the quality of the patch.
> The current patch actually looks pretty good. Its a timing issue now

An important lesson for me was 'the timing is never right'. Bite the bullet,
and things will be all right. Fear-of-merging is a well known programmer
phenomenon, best solved by: merging.

Of course NFS has some influence on bugreports but the crosstalk should be

I just merged a chunk of code in my non-open source project and I now feel
that I waited far too long. The same might go for NFS.

bert hubert