    SubjectRe: Using Yarrow in /dev/random
    > In any case, this requires use of a hash function (sha1) and a block
    > cipher (3des). We were going to do a replacement of /dev/random

    I don't think it does _have_ to be 3des, which is approximately the
    slowest and most tedious to implement cipher known to the world. ;-)
    Blowfish would be nicer except for the big tables. If frequent
    re-keying of the cipher is needed, Twofish would be even a better
    choice. Although this isn't standard Yarrow-160 any more, it would
    make for a better implementation IMHO. (A quick look at Schneier's
    paper suggests that this is possible and anticipated by the design.)

    Also consider using the Crypto API from the international kernel
    patch, which already contains some useful cipher implementations.

    Olaf

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.019 / U:0.044 seconds]