    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Darkstar Development Project
    On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 05:48:44PM -0500, Tony Mantler wrote:

    > "It's the latency, stupid". I wouldn't care to argue whether CVS is slower
    > than BK or not, but consider that if you had a router between you and the
    > CVS server that was dropping even 5% of your packets, or even just bumping
    > the latency by a quarter second (and I've seen routers that do that. evil
    > things), the timing numbers will jump *significantly*.

    Well, err, I guess I'm pretty stupid, but how about this? If the lxr guy
    is listening to all this, he could download a copy of BK, clone the FSMlabs
    tree, then I'll do a null pull from him, and we'll have an apples to apples
    comparison, now won't we?

    I think it's a pointless thing to do, I already know that CVS transfers way
    more data to do the same operation so it's a foregone conclusion it will be
    slower. But I'm very happy to do it if the lxr guy (sorry, I've forgotten
    your name, I apologize) is willing. Send me private mail, it shouldn't take
    very long at all to get you set up.
    --
    ---
    Larry McVoy lm@bitmover.com http://www.bitmover.com/lm