    SubjectNLS handling in Filesystem code
    From
       From: Meelis Roos <mroos@linux.ee>
    Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 13:27:40 +0200

    TTo> * If all the ISO NLS's are modules, there can be an
    TTo> undefined ref to CONFIG_NLS_DEFAULT in inode.c (Dale Amon)

    Somebody please recheck Config in about NLS. ISOFS has different
    condition than other FS'es IIRC (noticed it in test7-pre5 smb nls
    support patch).

    While updating the Linux 2.4 issues list (a new updated list will be out
    shortly), it looks like this item has still not been addressed. To
    whomever is maintainning the NLS, ISOFS, FAT, and SMBFS filesystems:
    (I wasn't able to identify maintainers for all of these)

    ISOFS ignores CONFIG_NLS_DEFAULT, and hardcodes the use of iso8859-1 as
    the default. Is this the correct behaviour?

    The FAT and SMBFS filesystems will fail to compile of CONFIG_NLS_DEFAULT
    is not defined which will be the case if the user answers "no" to
    CONFIG_NLS question. I assume there should be some better fallbacks for
    this case?

    - Ted

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.020 / U:89.000 seconds]