    SubjectRe: Availability of kdb
    In message <>, Nathan Paul
    Simons writes:
    > On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 12:15:31AM -0700, J. Dow wrote:
    > > Properly contemplated and I wonder at the hypocrisy of using a compiler
    > > or an assembler instead of carefully hand crafted bits on a blank disk.
    > i think you miss the point. i think that Linus is trying to say
    > something along the lines of "A hacker does for love what others would not do
    > for money." Think about it; who would you rather work with: someone who is
    > there because they enjoy the work, truly thrive in the environment, and is
    > pleasant to be around -or- someone who does it just because they're paid, the
    > "only work here" and would prefer a debugger because it means they don't have
    > to think as hard.

    If this is what Linus *actually* means then why didn't he *say*
    so? I personally believe this is what he meant.

    | Bob Taylor Email: |
    | Like the ad says, at 300 dpi you can tell she's wearing a |
    | swimsuit. At 600 dpi you can tell it's wet. At 1200 dpi you |
    | can tell it's painted on. I suppose at 2400 dpi you can tell |
    | if the paint is giving her a rash. (So says Joshua R. Poulson)|

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.022 / U:69.700 seconds]