    SubjectRe: Availability of kdb
    On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 12:15:31AM -0700, J. Dow wrote:
    > Properly contemplated and I wonder at the hypocrisy of using a compiler
    > or an assembler instead of carefully hand crafted bits on a blank disk.

    i think you miss the point. i think that Linus is trying to say
    something along the lines of "A hacker does for love what others would not do
    for money." Think about it; who would you rather work with: someone who is
    there because they enjoy the work, truly thrive in the environment, and is
    pleasant to be around -or- someone who does it just because they're paid, they
    "only work here" and would prefer a debugger because it means they don't have
    to think as hard.

    Nathan Paul Simons, Programmer for FSMLabs

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.020 / U:20.316 seconds]