SubjectRe: Definitions
Alan Cox wrote:

> > If a feature freeze is no reason not to add a new
> > filesystem, why is Reiser told no, but JFFS is just added w/o
> > debate? Other than the obvious webpad connections.
>
> MTD was added intentionally and had been discussed/cycled through a few times
> [I'd rejected earlier versions of it]. JFFS got added by accident

This is hilarious.

The problem Redhat faces that inspires their opposition is that they know that if reiserfs goes in,
the US market will go the way the European market has,
and most of them will never go back even if ext3 is later performance effective. Why RedHat doesn't
just help ReiserFS rather than fight it, well, this is the puzzle to me.

Hans