SubjectRe: [Announce] Linux Test Project
nstraz@sgi.com said:
> If we do some code
> coverage work, user-mode Linux would definately be the way to go.
> While building user-mode Linux, what do you use for testing?

I run a set of things that has broken the kernel in the past. If nothing bad
happens, I consider it Good(tm) and release it.

> Do you
> build special test cases for the portions that you recently worked on?

Not really. I tend more to stare carefully at it before compiling it and
after it crashes, and step through the new code in gdb looking for strange
things.

> If you have any tests, would you care to share them?

a kernel build
lmbench
a ping flood

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.092 / U:1.756 seconds]