SubjectRe: Definitions
Now that my message has gained legitamacy through word wrapping, since people's
email clients don't seem to be able to flow text, could I get an answer to my
questions? God, I didn't think that my mailer was that 31337.

Do you get the impression also that getting any real questions addressed is a
bit difficult? ;-) (Still no real response to my original *polite*
inquiry...) (<-- look Alan, no caps!)

My question still remains: What is a feature, and what is a bug fix? And
what
are the real criteria for making it into the kernel? "Technical merit" is not
an acceptable answer. On "technical merit" Linux makes a horrible can opener.

(But I'm sure a salesman could sell it as such anyway...)

Some <open>ness here would be appreciated...

Mike

On Wed, 09 Aug 2000 11:24:45 Drew Sanford wrote:
> Michael,
> I'm probably unqualified to answer your questions, but I can tell
you
> why most people probably haven't done so. It's because you have no line
> wrap. You either need to press enter every 72 charactors (this is to
> allow for quoting) or set your line wrap to 72 charactors. To extend my
> thoughts on acceptance to the kernel, something would have to make a
> performance enhancement, or make it possible to do things that haven't
> been able to be done before, that are considered to be important things.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.069 / U:1.088 seconds]