SubjectFujutsu Hard Drives, joins Linux party.
Re: Fujutsu Hard drives & Linux - problems (fwd)

Message back from Fujutsu.

*************
>Is anybody else out here running those Fujitsu drives on
>ASUS P5A boards?

Our compatibility labs insure compatibility with this and many
many other boards and systems. I'm not aware of any problems..
running the M'soft OS'es at least. We occasionally have signal
integrity problems with high speed UDMA on some poor motherboard
designs, but that results in CRC errors, not IRQ timeouts.

I just spoke with our resident compatibility manager, and he is
open to doing testing with Linux on desktop systems. We have
done testing on larger SCSI servers for at least 1 OEM, but never
any desktop work with Linux.

We would like to invite you down for a meeting to start the planning
process for this.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.038 / U:0.668 seconds]