    SubjectStack traces
    I have a thread that appears to be hanging in my kernel module (or
    something called by it) and I want to determine where the problem is
    occurring. Unfortunately, printks change the timing of the system, and the
    problem no longer occurs.

    What I really want is to get a stack trace of the offending thread. I have
    used alt-sysrq-t to get some thread information, but it only provides the
    thread's saved PC (which isn't in my module, according to its address). Is
    there a way to get the thread's call stack? Are there any routines I could
    use or is there some documentation/code I could look at?

    How do others go about solving such problems? The only debugger I've found
    for 2.2.12 kernels that would fit the bill is SGI's kgdb, and there's
    obviously a bit of overhead involved in setting up the serial debugger.

    Any thoughts or ideas much appreciated.

    Oh, if this is not the appropriate place to ask, please let me know.

    Cheers,
    Dave

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.027 / U:0.472 seconds]