    SubjectUpdated "natsemi.c" for the DP83815 (Netgear FA-311)

    There was a discussion last week on the linux-kernel list about the
    National Semiconductor DP83815 chip, as used on the new Netgear FA-311.

    I found a FA-311 at a local store yesterday, and updated the "natsemi.c"
    driver to work with it:
    http://www.scyld.com/network/ethercard.html
    ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/natsemi.c

    The diagnostic and setup program is, as usual, at
    http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html

    Background
    I had written the "natsemi.c" in May '99, based on preliminary documentation
    and pre-production chips. Reportedly, Natsemi was just about to put it into
    production back them. I see that they are now up to the '-C' version, and
    this is the first common implementation. I guess things didn't go according
    to plan;->.

    Other updated PCI drivers of current interest are
    eepro100.c
    Various new PCI and CardBus IDs.
    starfire.c
    For the Adaptec boards, recently updated and moved to "released" status.
    sundance.c
    This driver has been out since August '99, but recently D-Link started
    shipping the DFE-550 which uses the Sundance chip.
    tulip.c
    v0.92 or later is required for the ADMtek chips used on the new
    Linksys v4.1 and NC100/NC200 adapters.
    via-rhine.c
    This has been updated for the new Rhine chip, which can now transmit
    from unaligned regions, avoiding the need for alignment copies.
    winbond-840.c
    Common on low-end boards, but not in 2.2.16.
    3c59x.c
    Various new PCI and CardBus IDs.

    These are only the recent updates to support new boards. The other PCI
    network drivers have also had significant updates.

    Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
    Scyld Computing Corporation http://www.scyld.com
    410 Severn Ave. Suite 210 Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
    Annapolis MD 21403

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:5.576 / U:0.020 seconds]