    SubjectRe: test6pre1 change for sysrq config-option
    On Sat, Aug 05, 2000 at 06:53:41PM -0400, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
    > From: "Juan J. Quintela" <quintela@fi.udc.es>
    > Date: 03 Aug 2000 18:26:50 +0200
    >
    > SysRq don't work here over serial console (has never worked
    > ok). Phillip Rumpf solved my problems. I thought that you had the
    > patch. This is the patch actualized to test6-pre1.

    > This patch fixes the problem where the sysrq won't work if the console
    > is printing some printk message (since it masks the break key).
    > However, if the console is printing some message via printk, the break

    "not", I suppose ?

    > key should work fine. So saying that SysRq "doesn't work" is rather
    > overstating the case. That's why I didn't recognize which patch you
    > were referring to.

    Look harder. It also moves the "detect a break" logic before

    *status &= info->read_status_mask;

    Apparently with the getty quintela uses, BRKINT isn't enabled, so SysRq
    "doesn't work" for him. I'm not sure it's a good idea to depend on
    userspace enabling BRKINT - in test6-pre5, sysrq_enabled affects serial
    SysRq as well.

    Philipp

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.020 / U:0.164 seconds]