SubjectAdaptec 2930U2 problem followup
Date
Been having problems with an Adaptec 2930U2 card in my machine at
the house. Naturally, it works fine with Win95. The problem has
been shown to be something peculiar to my motherboard after looking
at many test scenarios over the past several days. Basically,
there's no interrupt activity corresponding to the 2930U2 that
either Linux or FreeBSD can see. This results in an infinite
timeout/reset loop during driver initialization.

While I'm still curious as to what the exact problem is, I have no
expectation that the answer is forthcoming anytime soon if at all.
Informed speculation is welcome: I *would* like to know how Win95
is able to work with my system when my OS of choice cannot. The
motherboard is a bottom-feeder special (M537 VXPro).

Time to go shopping for a new motherboard, and maybe spend a few
more bucks this time :-).

--
Bob Tracy
rct@wlk.com