    SubjectRe: SCO: "thread creation is about a thousand times faster than on
    torvalds@transmeta.com (Linus Torvalds)  wrote on 27.08.00 in <Pine.LNX.4.10.10008272054590.11428-100000@penguin.transmeta.com>:

    > On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Alexander Viro wrote:
    > >
    > > Linus, there is no need in new mask for execve().
    >
    > What you're saying is "there are other ways to accomplish this". And I
    > kind of agree. I still think the dynamic mask is the preferable option.
    >
    > > We have two actions:
    > > 1. create a VM set up according to the contents of binary
    >
    > Sure. Another ELF marker, whatever. It would work, and probably cover the
    > needs. Especially as "the needs" aren't that big, as this has actually
    > never come up except as a theoretical discussion ;).

    Just don't forget that some of this unsharing may be necessary for
    security reasons. Specifically, when you execve() a suid program, you
    probably should automatically unshare everything.

    MfG Kai

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:39    [W:0.031 / U:0.204 seconds]