SubjectRe: 2T for i386

The latest firmware for the 3ware 5000 family of controllers -
Escalade 5.1 - allows for hotswap using standard ide removable
drive bays. I was already using ide removable drive bays to reduce
downtime in case i needed to do maintenance, but now the worry
is gone if it works as they advertise. Check the pdf included with
the drivers for Linux for more information.

Pedro

Pedro

On 31 Aug 2000, at 16:16, Stephen Lee wrote:

> Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
> > I used to think that. Im planning on deploying a 1Tb IDE raid using 3ware kit
> > for an ftp site very soon. Its very cheap and its very fast. UDMA with
> > one disk per channel and the controller doing some of the work.
> >
> > All it lacks is hot swap.
>
> I wonder if it is possible to have the manufacturers agree on a common electrical/physical standa
rd for IDE hot-swap connector, like SCA for SCSI.
> Say, being able to use standard enclosures that is compatible with different manufacturer's disks
, instead of those 5 inch bay tray hacks that are big and not compatible to each other.

> Stephen
>
> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.088 / U:0.108 seconds]