    SubjectRe: 2.2.16 deadlocking in schedule()

    On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > > Please try 2.2.17pre20. THis has various vm and other fixes as well as an
    > > > updated DAC960 driver
    > >
    > > That fixed it partly. I'm still getting lots of uninterruptible processes,
    > > but it lasted a few hours this time before getting bad. The freeze is
    > > still occurring in schedule().
    > >
    > > Any other advice?
    >
    > Ok that sounds like its not directly related. What compiler are you using and
    > what drivers are you regularly using. Also where does ps think the processes
    > in D state are waiting if you ask it to show the wait queue addr

    It's a fresh RedHat 6.2 install with egcs 1.1.2. I have a Bay GA620
    gig ethernet card, the onboard eepro 100, an unused dual symbios scsi
    onboard. The machine wasn't in X when this occurs, just a few ssh
    sessions, some netatalk apple file sharing, and Oracle 8.1.5.

    I checked a ps alx when it was last hanging and it was wait_on something
    Forgot about the n option, so I'll try to crash it again.

    dave

    --
    David Weis | 10520 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50322
    djweis@plconline.com | Voice 515-278-0133 Ext 231