    SubjectSilent breakage of cdrecord under 2.4?
    Hi all,

    OK I've been scratching my head to find out exactly how to tackle
    a problem I have noticed since moving to the 2.4 realeases. Simply put,
    burns with cdrecord (all versions stable and alpha) seem to produce
    corrupted data. However, no errors are produced either through SCSI
    debugging in the syslogs or from cdrecord itself.
    I burn under 2.2.16 and there isn't a problem. Just something is
    very subtly corrupting data under 2.4. I say subtle, because I can
    sometimes only find maybe a 100 bytes out between binary files. Other
    times it is much more. There seems to be no pattern to it and yet the same
    hardware will yield valid results under 2.2.16?!

    So my question is, where in the kernel can I monitor EXACTLY what
    is being sent to the SCSI drive versus what is supposed to be sent. Where
    are the errors coming from? Verbose reporting only yields errors but as
    there are no errors normally seen where do I go?

    Alternativly, is there something I should know about the changes
    in the 2.4 scsi-subsystem from 2.2?

    FYI:

    Kernel : 2.4.0-test5
    SCSI : Advansys APB940U Quad scsi controller
    CDRW : Yamaha 8824CDRW
    CPU : AMD K6-III @450 MHz
    Mem : 256Mb
    MB : FIC 503+
    CDrecord : 1.6, 1.81, 1.9, 1.10

    Thanks for your time.
    --
    ===

    "If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs... you're
    missing something IMPORTANT!"
    Rob. (prolly teefed tho')

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.025 / U:30.088 seconds]