    SubjectRe: SCO: "thread creation is about a thousand times faster than on
    On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 05:31:04PM -0400, Alexander Viro wrote:

    > On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Alan Cox wrote:
    >
    > > same thread group - the original I believe didnt. So long as that is
    > > done right and your thread group changes on an exec (obviously) then I
    >
    > Obviously? Descriptor tables remain shared after exec(), ditto for
    > cwd/root/umask...

    POSIX says nothing, as far as I can tell, about the effect of exec on
    threads. However, it does say pending signals must be inherited. It's
    unclear what should happen in Linux, but it might be good for the new
    process to still be a thread in the thread group -- although it won't
    be sharing memory anymore.