    SubjectRe: SCO: "thread creation is about a thousand times faster than on
    Alan Cox wrote:

    > > > No major Java vendor currently uses Posix threads either.
    > >
    > > Of course they do, why would you think they don't?
    >
    > Because I talked to their engineers and asked them as part of finding out about
    > stuff for the LSB.
    >
    > Alan
    >
    > -

    Ahh, maybe I should have identified myself, I develop the jit compiler
    for IBM as part of the ia32 team, and I'm their Linux person, and I can
    ensure you that we are using posix threads. (met you on the bus at OLS)

    John Kacur
    jkacur@home.com
    jekacur@ca.ibm.com

    Standard disclaimer, I'm speaking for myself and not my employeer,
    trying to be as accurate as possible though of course.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.040 / U:29.796 seconds]