SubjectRe: FWD: 2.4 kernel causing BIOS Ram check problems vs 2.2 (Good
Date
Mike Galbraith wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Michael Peddemors wrote:
>
> > Okay, now I am not the only developer with this problem.
> > New 2.4 kernel having problems with determining INITRD_START
>
> It doesn't determine INITRD_START, it gets this information directly
> from the bootloader. The problem you're having is that syslinux and
> the kernel disagree slightly on exactly where your top of ram lies.
>
> (e820 reporting problem seems likely, and in setup.S there's this
> little goodie..
> 280 #ifndef STANDARD_MEMORY_BIOS_CALL
> 281 movb %al, (E820NR)
> ..to help you verify that)
>
> Were I in your shoes, I'd report this to David Parsons and Chris Noe..
> they've done the most recent work in this area. I've taken the liberty
> of adding cc's in case they're interested.

As far as I know, my contributions to the kernel aren't welcome, so
it would be fairly pointless for everyone if I worked on this problem.

____
david parsons \bi/ Such is life.
\/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.035 / U:0.288 seconds]