    SubjectRE: [RFC] Implementing temporal affinity
    > > B only ran for 15 cycles, and therefore it ISN'T the time-affinity
    > process.
    > But it is. It's run long enough to load the CPU cache with it's own
    > instructions and data. Since you are trying to preserve the CPU cache,
    > you want it to run again instead of something else. Right?

    We would only set last_cpu IF the process has run for N cycles, where N is
    enough to fill the CPU cache. If 15 cycles loads the cache, then N=15. So in
    that case, B's last_cpu would be set, and it would be tied to that
    processor. The actual value is tunable, and depends largely on the size of
    the L2 cache.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.020 / U:1.372 seconds]