    SubjectRe: SCO: "thread creation is about a thousand times faster than on native Linux"
    > I'd much rather see us do the sensible credential stuff in the
    > kernel, and the really, really broken bits of the API like shared
    > setuid in user space.

    Definitely. The shared uid crap is entirely forced on posix pthreads design
    because they had an infeasible requirement that it could be implemented sanely
    entirely in userspace. Its a price of many to one thread models.

    For most real world applications its a performance hit and a hinderance.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.020 / U:36.512 seconds]