    SubjectRe: FW: Crypto
    "Michael H. Warfield" wrote:

    > They may have one other thing in mind too... Once KLIPS is in the
    > kernel, nothing is prohibiting someone else from porting ISKMP from
    > BSD or anywhere else (once PFKEY2 is fully supported) to Linux.

    Actually, you need more than PF-key v2. v2 does not handle policy and
    IPSEC must, so extensions are required. Currently, FreeS/WAN, KAME and
    Open BSD each have their own slightly different extensions.

    > FreeSWAN
    > is two parts. KLIPS (the kernel part) and PLUTO (IKE - the user space
    > part). Porting ISKMP from OpenBSD to Linux is already been discussed.

    I think it was actually done, for an older version of FreeS/WAN. There's
    link in the WWWref.html doc file to a site in Scandinavia with the code.

    What would, I think, be far more interesting would be a port of the BSD
    photurisd(8). Since Linux ipsec_pluto(8) and BSD isakmpd(8) both
    implement the same protocol, IKE, the payoff for a port in either
    direction is not huge. Photuris, though, is a different protocol for
    the same function, and a much cleaner design, so that would be a win.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.019 / U:5.600 seconds]