SubjectRe: FW: Crypto
Date
Followup to:  <NBBBJGOOMDFADJDGDCPHIEPHCHAA.law@sgi.com>
By author: "Linda Walsh" <law@sgi.com>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> > It USE to be it was the "taint" of US code on Canadian code. Much
> > of FreeSWAN is developed in Canada. As long as there is no US code involved
> > Canadian law holds and it can be exported. If the code contains any US
> > code, US law holds (under a US / Canadian Treaty) and the code can NOT be
> > exported from Canada.
> ---
> Geez...Maybe the code should be hosted in Netherlands? A
> numbered Swiss ISP account?

Seriously (or "Sealand" :) Note that there is nothing, as far as I
can tell, that would keep us from integrating the FreeS/WAN group's
work into the standard kernel. They still maintain their own code,
and we integrate their work. Now, they might have difficulties with
this because of the lack of an "untainted" code base to work against.

-hpa

http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt