SubjectRe: multi-part files and backup tools -- a [poor] solution

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Jason Venner wrote:

> Remember the old days when AT&T was pushing SYSV as the only way to
> unix. Some of the vendors put a flag into the u area that indicated
> whether the process in question got SYSV or BSD behavour when it
> performed various actions (like making files etc).

Yeeeek. Gentlemen, I consider that as a proof that the whole idea is
bogus. Dual-universe systems were the horrible source of ugliness. If
that's the cost of including something into Linux - too bad. If _that_
(dual-universe) will go into the ftp.kernel.org tree (I suspect that
nothing short of serious doze of really nasty drugs forcibly administered
to Linus will do that) - well, the tree free from that bogosity will be
available for download within an hour from that sad event. I'll take care
about that.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.300 / U:0.672 seconds]