    SubjectRe: linux-2.4-test & innd

    On Sun, 13 Aug 2000, Henrik Størner wrote:

    > The test4-pre patches are no longer available on the ftp.kernel.org
    > mirrors, so trying them out one by one is not possible for me.

    Actually, they are. It's just that the "testing" directory gets cleaned up
    every once in a while, and they are moved to "testing/old/v2.3"

    > Here's some background info about my system, in case it might be
    > useful:
    >
    > * PII/350 uni-processor system (and compiled as such)
    >
    > * Symbios 53c875 SCSI controller. My Linux system is on SCSI disks.
    >
    > * 128 MB RAM; hasn't shown any signs of being faulty.

    One of the changes in -test4 is the memory pressure algorithms. It may be
    that it's an old bug that is just made visible by different memory
    pressure patterns. That would be the nightmare case.

    The good case is that once it gets narrowed down to a particular
    test-kernel, the bug is just obvious.

    Fingers crossed.

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:2.584 / U:0.176 seconds]