    SubjectRe: linux-2.4-test & innd
    Date
    Just to say me too.

    Noticed this some time (ie months) ago in the 2.4 series, haven't had
    time to track it down but had assumed it was likely to be my setup due
    to lack of anyone else shouting.

    Traced it down to active file not being updated resulting in inn getting
    it's hi-lo item nos totally screwed on a restart. Often resulted in new
    items being assigned nos for items that already existed and big holes in
    nos when a renumber was run at expire time.

    Quick hacky workaround by running ctlinnd renumber "" after each start of
    rc.news. This isn't a fix - my active file hasn't been updated since 6/8.

    Running inn 2.2.3.

    Mike
    --
    Mike Civil Home : mike@duncodin.org