    SubjectUSB initialisation
    Date
    Hi,

    On one of the ARM platforms, we have encountered a problem with the
    order of initialisation of USB vs the initial "bus"-type hardware
    setup.

    Since Linus doesn't like new init calls going into init/main.c, the
    initialisation of a chip which has PCMCIA and USB hardware incorporated
    is placed at the head of the initcall list.

    However, the USB drivers (OHCI) are initialised before this time by
    an explicit call in init/main.c.

    Can we initialise the USB hardware drivers via the initcall method,
    or is there some reason why its done the way it is?

    Linus, if its not acceptable to change the USB drivers in this way,
    would you object to this type of init call going into init/main.c?
    _____
    | | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/aboutme.html / / |
    / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.023 / U:1.216 seconds]