    SubjectUSB initialisation

    On one of the ARM platforms, we have encountered a problem with the
    order of initialisation of USB vs the initial "bus"-type hardware

    Since Linus doesn't like new init calls going into init/main.c, the
    initialisation of a chip which has PCMCIA and USB hardware incorporated
    is placed at the head of the initcall list.

    However, the USB drivers (OHCI) are initialised before this time by
    an explicit call in init/main.c.

    Can we initialise the USB hardware drivers via the initcall method,
    or is there some reason why its done the way it is?

    Linus, if its not acceptable to change the USB drivers in this way,
    would you object to this type of init call going into init/main.c?
    | | Russell King --- ---
    / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.019 / U:14.320 seconds]