SubjectRe: Via Apollo Pro 133A
On Fri, Aug 11, 2000, Alexander V. Valys <avalys@optonline.net> wrote:
> I have heard that the VIA Apollo Pro 133A's USB controller needs
> specials drivers to work under linux. Is this the case? Also, if I get
> a motherboard with that chipset, are their any other glitches that
> I should know about before I buy?

It should be a couple of UHCI controllers.

The UHCI driver in the beginning didn't support multiple UHCI
controllers, but it has for the last couple of months.

I don't have the Apollo Pro 133A, but I do have an Athlon with a VIA
chipset, which should use the same southbridge and both UHCI drivers
work fine with the builtin USB.

JE

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans