SubjectRe: Re hardware handshake support for 2.0/2.2/2.4
   From: "Stuart MacDonald" <stuartm@connecttech.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 15:13:31 -0400

From: "Roger Gammans" <roger@computer-surgery.co.uk>
> For 2.5 there is Stuart MacDonald's TIOCRS485GET/SET patch that I gather
> he'll be sending later.

Ted's already got it. I'm trying to convince him it should be in
the serial driver.

Not for 2.4.0......

> It wouldn't be much bloat to add #defines for the other options, the way
> he has done it, except in the card support stage, and that only affect
> card which support the option.

That'd be the way to go I think.

Can someone help me with coming up with a generic, orthoganal set of
ways in which half-duplex connections can differ (i.e., which RS-232
line to use, delays before transmission, delays after transmission,
etc.) that cover all of the different, incompatible ways that
half-duplex is done? If we can do that, we can use a bitmask to
describe all of the different ways that half-duplex can be done.

If that's not possible, can someone enumerate all of the different
half-duplex can be done? Simply having all of this information in one
place would be really helpful, both as documentation and so we can
actually put together that list of #define's.

Thanks!!

(Follows up to linux-serial, please.....)

- Ted

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.058 / U:0.348 seconds]