    SubjectRe: [Announce] Linux Test Project
    On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 09:48:13PM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
    > On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 03:06:28PM -0500, Nathan Straz wrote:
    > >
    > > - What is needed immediately? Building a test suite for the kernel is
    > > going to take time. What tests or tools are most important?
    > Interesting would be a test suite stress that tests common system calls
    > in parallel on multiple CPUs. I would guess that could catch a lot of
    > locking bugs introduced with the 2.4 SMP scaling work.

    You should check out the tests we just released. They are
    "quickhitters" which are very simple tests that exercise system calls.
    You can run quichitters with a "-c n" option which creates n copies of
    the test and runs them simultaneously.

    Unfortunately some of the tests were written without this in mind and
    tend to step on their own toes. This is definately something that needs
    to be fixed. The simple fix is to move the tst_tmpdir() call after the
    TEST_PAUSE. A real fix requires more changes. If anyone would like a
    full explaination, I would happy to supply them with one.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.019 / U:6.880 seconds]