SubjectRe: X server problem since 2.4.0-test5-pre1/2 / Fixed!!!
James Simmons <> writes:
>> What I did when I was writing my own X server was extract
>> all the files I needed from their tree and put them into my own
>> sensible directory structure, removed all their macros, fixed their
>> include file structure, prototyped everything and rewrote it so it
>> would compile without warnings using -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes --
>> (took me four months, by which time they had released three newer
>> versions :-)
> Really:-) Someday I like to see a new open source X server group form.

For me the "openness" is going to rest on whether the DMCA is ruled
constitutional or not -- I made the shortsighted mistake of buying two
NVidia cards and, as far as I can tell, reverse engineering them is
going to be illegal if the law stands.