    SubjectRe: X server problem since 2.4.0-test5-pre1/2 / Fixed!!!
    James Simmons <jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu> writes:
    [snip]
    >> What I did when I was writing my own X server was extract
    >> all the files I needed from their tree and put them into my own
    >> sensible directory structure, removed all their macros, fixed their
    >> include file structure, prototyped everything and rewrote it so it
    >> would compile without warnings using -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes --
    >> (took me four months, by which time they had released three newer
    >> versions :-)
    >
    > Really:-) Someday I like to see a new open source X server group form.

    For me the "openness" is going to rest on whether the DMCA is ruled
    constitutional or not -- I made the shortsighted mistake of buying two
    NVidia cards and, as far as I can tell, reverse engineering them is
    going to be illegal if the law stands.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.021 / U:2.176 seconds]