SubjectRe: Good luck when RedHat 7.0 comes out (was RE: test5 oops after kswapd)...
On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Matthias Andree wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Aug 2000, Jes Sorensen wrote:
>
> > It's not supported and it has been stated over and over again.
>
> Who decides if it's supported? Anyone who is unable of getting binutils
> and gcc release versions compiled? The who is to lazy to upgrade?

The maintainer decides based upon volumes of input you as a non-maintainer
haven't received/processed.

> Sorry, I still fail to see any evidence. Quote, forward mails, show
> broken code (which can then be fixed), give any proof that NOT using
> 2.95.2 is justified in any way. FUD should be kept off this list.

I've heard Alan mention specifics.. search the archives. (I rather
doubt that our maintainers feel particularly obligated to prove spit
to your personal satisfaction) Live with it.

-Mike

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:1.321 / U:0.528 seconds]