SubjectRe: a joint letter on low latency and Linux

> I admit that I'm very much a newbie here, but it seems that the effort to
> make a faster printk() would be better off in other areas, since, in the
> best of all worlds, it wouldn't ever be used during normal operation
> anyway?

The problem is not to make a faster printk(), but to make all the other
output faster (and preemptive) and still having _safe_ printk -- if we use
printk for reporting of errors, it should work reliably.

Have a nice fortnight
Martin `MJ' Mares <> <>
"...take my advice, I don't use it anyway."