SubjectRe: [patch] 2.4.0-test2: %cr4 in a register dump
On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I'd certainly agree with printing out cr4 even if it would be zero, I just
> disagree very much with adding a register read to the dump output that may
> cause an infinite regression of traps..
Btw, might there be any idea in making the kernel just to freeze if a new
trap occurs while displaying the Oops dump. It's the first dump that is
important. Any subsequent dumps just scroll the important data away from
the screen.

A crash during crash is a sure indication that the system is out of
business anyway (memory and/or kernel code is corrupted).

Best regards,

Hannu Savolainen ( (Open Sound System (OSS)) (Finnish OSS pages)