    SubjectRe: [patch] 2.4.0-test2: %cr4 in a register dump
    On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > I'd certainly agree with printing out cr4 even if it would be zero, I just
    > disagree very much with adding a register read to the dump output that may
    > cause an infinite regression of traps..
    Btw, might there be any idea in making the kernel just to freeze if a new
    trap occurs while displaying the Oops dump. It's the first dump that is
    important. Any subsequent dumps just scroll the important data away from
    the screen.

    A crash during crash is a sure indication that the system is out of
    business anyway (memory and/or kernel code is corrupted).

    Best regards,

    Hannu
    -----
    Hannu Savolainen (hannu@opensound.com)
    http://www.opensound.com (Open Sound System (OSS))
    http://www.compusonic.fi (Finnish OSS pages)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.020 / U:1.020 seconds]