    SubjectRe: PS/2 mouse latency was Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [DATAPOINT] kernels and latencies
    Alan Cox writes:
    > > > The PS/2 hardware requires delays, but it does not require that
    > > > interrupts are off for the entire period to my knowledge.
    > >
    > > OK, but there's still the locking. We can't just have the interrupt
    > > handler frob the controller while elsewhere we're poking it, can we?
    > Indeed we cannot. We need to do locking but we need to do it a
    > different way.

    Which leads to my other question: can we "ignore" the interrupt
    (i.e. just update a flag somewhere) for later processing in a process

    Or can we block the interrupt? And hope no-one else is sharing it...

    Or do you have some other scheme in mind?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.018 / U:5.508 seconds]