    SubjectRe: RLIM_INFINITY inconsistency between archs
    On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 03:13:55PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
    > Unfortunately that doesn't work very well. For user-space daemons
    > which talk to Linux-specific kernel interfaces, such as automount, you
    > need both the glibc and the Linux kernel headers.

    Does this mean that automount has to be rebuilt for every kernel? And that
    we should be running /lib/modules/`uname -r`/sbin/automount.

    It's sounds like it's an awful lot like a loadable module in how tightly
    it's tied to the kernel. And how a kernel change can break things
    horribly. How you have to be built against the one you're going to run
    against and not the one glibc was built against.

    mrc
    --
    Mike Castle Life is like a clock: You can work constantly
    dalgoda@ix.netcom.com and be right all the time, or not work at all