    SubjectRe: RLIM_INFINITY inconsistency between archs
    On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 03:13:55PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
    > Unfortunately that doesn't work very well. For user-space daemons
    > which talk to Linux-specific kernel interfaces, such as automount, you
    > need both the glibc and the Linux kernel headers.

    Does this mean that automount has to be rebuilt for every kernel? And that
    we should be running /lib/modules/`uname -r`/sbin/automount.

    It's sounds like it's an awful lot like a loadable module in how tightly
    it's tied to the kernel. And how a kernel change can break things
    horribly. How you have to be built against the one you're going to run
    against and not the one glibc was built against.

    Mike Castle Life is like a clock: You can work constantly and be right all the time, or not work at all and be right at least twice a day. -- mrc
    We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan. -- Watchmen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.020 / U:13.372 seconds]