    SubjectRe: RLIM_INFINITY inconsistency between archs
    In article <> you writes:
    > wrote:
    >> And IMHO to be able to do this, one should have to provide an explicit
    >> -I/usr/src/my-kernel/linux/include, it should not be the default.
    >I disagree. It makes life far too painful for the end user, for really no gain.

    The idea was to make a point, that #include <linux/xxx.h> really is
    a kernel/kernel aware application thing only. It ought to reduce the
    number of people who try to include kernel only stuff without knowing
    that it is a nono most of the time.

    It isn't all that hard to add the following lines to the Makefiles
    for an application that needs the kernel includes:

    And then standardise on /usr/src/linux as the directory where the kernel
    includes for the current kernel reside on a distribution. Those who
    compile multiple kernels on the same system should be savvy enough to
    do "KERNELDIR=/usr/src/my-kernel/linux make" or modify the Makefile.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.020 / U:85.564 seconds]