SubjectDifferent modules with same names??? (bttv and dvb)
Gregoire Favre writes:
> I have both a DVB-s and TV card. I would like to be able to use them
> together and I don't manage it: when I compile the kernel with bttv
> (and with i2c) I don't manage compiling the dvb driver from
> http://linuxtv.org/dvb/Developer/
>
> I have read that this is normal, that bttv should just add a few
> constants (and a little more). Is there such a pre-version available
> anywhere?
>
> I have posted the question to l-dvb, but as I don't receive any answer,
> I also ask in l-k.
>
> Please follow the answer from l-k to me (I am not on the mailing list
> of l-k, just of l-dvb).

It depends on which kernel and which version of bttv you are using.
The Siemens DVB card driver only supports the new I2C interface. You will not be
able to mix it with older bttv drivers which use the old I2C
interface.
When using the new I2C interface you should use the version which
comes with the DVB driver since it contains some slight changes which
define the new I2C devices which are on the Siemens DVB
card. Otherwise it is identical to the current 2.4 kernel version at
the time of the drivers release.

Ralph

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.304 / U:0.296 seconds]