SubjectRe: Low Latency Patch
On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Robert Dinse wrote:
> If you ignore the needs of the end users, pretty soon you don't have a
> user community anymore.
>
> But for me alone? Don't fix it, leave it broken if it looks prettier.
> But I would suggest that people who haven't tried the patch because they don't
> have a need for realtime performance, particularly if they have occasionally
> heavily loaded boxes, try it.

I have noticed you have conveniently ignored the part in Linus' post
about having a better way to do all of this. That patch is NOT the only
way to do this.

Much of what makes Linux good is that things are done _RIGHT_ the first
time they are applied to the kernel instead of creating a mess of code
that's unreadable or unworkable. So they add those patches.. what do we do
when they make the next bug harder to find?

Please wait for Linus' fix to the problem instead of trolling the list and
filling everyone's email with a stupid argument that is going in circles.

Gerhard

PS If you think you need solar designer's patch you really don't
understand what it does. (your better off installing something
like stackguard)

--
Gerhard Mack

gmack@innerfire.net

<>< As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.068 / U:0.416 seconds]