    SubjectBlock Layer File/FS Replication?
    Howdy folks,
    So far, from what I can see, Coda is my only way of going. While Intermezzo
    looks to do exactly what I&nbsp;want, it is not mature enough yet.
    replication module.&nbsp; But I'll be damned if I&nbsp;can decide on the
    best way of doing so.
    - n.&nbsp; Each minor in this case could represent an individual&nbsp;
    (configurable) file system.
    on a parameter, which would contain the block data, inode, and an offset.&nbsp;
    Proc file to start/stop replication.
    pseudo-device, and transfer block information to a (multiple) servers running
    listeners.
    that's trivial.&nbsp; I've also tossed around the idea of using raid 1over
    a network block device, but I see visions of caching issues with that one
    already.
    <pre>--&nbsp;
    Jeff McNeil
    Sr. Systems Engineer
    Interland, Inc.
    (678)365-2807</pre>
    &nbsp;</html>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.046 / U:0.140 seconds]