    SubjectRe: RLIM_INFINITY inconsistency between archs
       Date: 	Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:03:40 +0200
    From: Christoph Hellwig <hch@caldera.de>

    > Ok. I changed the `pwd` to $TOPDIR, as that's what we use everywhere
    > else.. Objections?

    Now that we have a 'non-module' object in /lib/modules, we could simply
    copy System.map and the bzImage/vmlinux there and rename it to /kernel ...

    That certainly makes a lot of sense; I've alwyas thought it was a bit
    odd that some stuff was in /lib/modules and Systemp.map and bzImage are
    stored in /boot. My guess is this is because Linus doesn't use modules,
    so he doesn't see this particular aesthetic fault. :-)

    I'm not entirely sure that now is the best time to make such a change,
    but it does make a certain amount of sense.

    - Ted

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.029 / U:0.700 seconds]