   Date: 	Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:03:40 +0200
From: Christoph Hellwig <>

> Ok. I changed the `pwd` to $TOPDIR, as that's what we use everywhere
> else.. Objections?
Now that we have a 'non-module' object in /lib/modules, we could simply
copy and the bzImage/vmlinux there and rename it to /kernel ...

That certainly makes a lot of sense; I've alwyas thought it was a bit
odd that some stuff was in /lib/modules and and bzImage are
stored in /boot. My guess is this is because Linus doesn't use modules,
so he doesn't see this particular aesthetic fault. :-)

I'm not entirely sure that now is the best time to make such a change,
but it does make a certain amount of sense.

- Ted