    SubjectRe: sysconf (was Re: RLIM_INFINITY inconsistency between archs)

    On 27 Jul 2000, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

    > > Give me a precise list of needed sysconf items
    >
    > The ones I mentioned in one of the last mails are those I'm currently
    > aware of. But the scheme should be easily extendible anyway since
    > there will be new requirements in the future. And ideally modules
    > will be able to register their own extensions.

    Don't do this.

    Make it a _minimal_ list, not the kind of "this is everything I can think
    of, and I'll also add a way for modules to add their own" stuff.

    Yes, Uli, I know you like overdesigning things.

    KISS.

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.021 / U:30.512 seconds]