    SubjectRe: Do ramdisk exec's map direct to buffer cache?
    > >If you've already got a filesystem, may I recommend you drop cramfs,
    > >and use jffs over readonly compressed loopback? That way you don't
    > >need the cramfs code (or its in-built limitations)
    > Ehh..
    > At least cramfs works. I have about ten reports of loopback not working
    > lately, and I'm likely to disable it completely unless somebody steps in
    > to maintain the damn thing.

    Cramfs is ugly, but JFFS over compressed loopback is not the answer. Philipp
    Rumpf did a compression hack for JFFS so you can just run pure JFFS over
    MTD. For an embedded box combine that with RAMFS and you can ifdef out the
    entire block layer.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.041 / U:20.116 seconds]