    SubjectRe: multimounting cdroms ???
    On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Brian Poole wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, German Jose Gomez Garcia wrote:
    >
    > > It's normal than a cdrom can be mounted more than once? I mean,
    > > any user can remount a cdrom using for example mount /cdrom, and it seems
    > > to keep cound of the times you mounted it, because you cannot eject it
    > > until you have umounted it the same number of times.
    >
    > yes. multiple mount support is a feature, not a bug. was added a bit back,
    > search the lkml archive for the discussion about a month or two ago.
    >
    > as for any user, well, last I checked thats only if you allow
    > users to mount the cdrom.

    Only one problem though.

    A user can mount the same filesystem multiple times on the
    same mountpoint, but will be unable to umount the filesystem
    again ...

    umount -f does the trick, but is restricted to root

    regards,

    Rik
    --
    "What you're running that piece of shit Gnome?!?!"
    -- Miguel de Icaza, UKUUG 2000

    http://www.conectiva.com/ http://www.surriel.com/