SubjectRe: multimounting cdroms ???
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Brian Poole wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, German Jose Gomez Garcia wrote:
> > It's normal than a cdrom can be mounted more than once? I mean,
> > any user can remount a cdrom using for example mount /cdrom, and it seems
> > to keep cound of the times you mounted it, because you cannot eject it
> > until you have umounted it the same number of times.
> yes. multiple mount support is a feature, not a bug. was added a bit back,
> search the lkml archive for the discussion about a month or two ago.
> as for any user, well, last I checked thats only if you allow
> users to mount the cdrom.

Only one problem though.

A user can mount the same filesystem multiple times on the
same mountpoint, but will be unable to umount the filesystem
again ...

umount -f does the trick, but is restricted to root

"What you're running that piece of shit Gnome?!?!"
-- Miguel de Icaza, UKUUG 2000

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.081 / U:0.152 seconds]