SubjectRe: MDA video detection request.

> 2. Patched kernel.
>
> I applied the patch supplied by you to the list. The patch uncomments the
> code I had commented that was messing up my cursor, and adds a save and
> restore to the mda register test function. When I boot the kernel the machine
> crashes. I get to the point where the MDA is initialised, and the MDA flashes,
> and the kernel stops booting. No error messages appear on either screen.

Ouch :-(

> So basically what happened was I commented out some MDA detection code because
> it was moving the cursor, then added a line to turn the cursor off, and
> supplied the patch to Alan. This looks nice on my machine, but breaks on other
> machines. By uncommenting the code that I commented it will work on other
> machine and look less nice for people using the same MDA as me for a moment or
> two at boot-up.
>
> My suggestion is to just uncomment the code that I commented, that seems to
> fix it.

I gave it try from the test4 kernels. I toke your suggest and it worked
for me. It realized I don't have a mda card. Its in CVS now.

Q: Why did they deprecate a.out support in linux?
A: Because a nasty coff is bad for your elf.

James Simmons [jsimmons@linux-fbdev.org] ____/|
fbdev/console/gfx developer \ o.O|
http://www.linux-fbdev.org =(_)=
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net U
http://linuxconsole.sourceforge.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:1.467 / U:0.100 seconds]