    SubjectRe: MDA video detection request.

    > 2. Patched kernel.
    >
    > I applied the patch supplied by you to the list. The patch uncomments the
    > code I had commented that was messing up my cursor, and adds a save and
    > restore to the mda register test function. When I boot the kernel the machine
    > crashes. I get to the point where the MDA is initialised, and the MDA flashes,
    > and the kernel stops booting. No error messages appear on either screen.

    Ouch :-(

    > So basically what happened was I commented out some MDA detection code because
    > it was moving the cursor, then added a line to turn the cursor off, and
    > supplied the patch to Alan. This looks nice on my machine, but breaks on other
    > machines. By uncommenting the code that I commented it will work on other
    > machine and look less nice for people using the same MDA as me for a moment or
    > two at boot-up.
    >
    > My suggestion is to just uncomment the code that I commented, that seems to
    > fix it.

    I gave it try from the test4 kernels. I toke your suggest and it worked
    for me. It realized I don't have a mda card. Its in CVS now.

    Q: Why did they deprecate a.out support in linux?
    A: Because a nasty coff is bad for your elf.

    James Simmons [jsimmons@linux-fbdev.org] ____/|
    fbdev/console/gfx developer \ o.O|
    http://www.linux-fbdev.org =(_)=
    http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net U
    http://linuxconsole.sourceforge.net

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.026 / U:29.768 seconds]