SubjectRe: TO HELL WITH IT THEN......(re: disk-destroyer.c)
On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> If you try to pass raw taskfile command to the drive and you have no clue.
> The hardware will BUCK 99% of the time.
>
> Using the kernel IOCTL, it BUCKS 5% of the time and the damage is done.
> Baically, you want me to continue helping you destroy your hardware.
> I will not be a part of that!
>
> Do you allow USB to send unrestricted commands that will damage the
> hardware?

What if someone made a modem that accepts ATSLINE_RAW_OUTPUT=AC380V50HZ
and does just that? Serial drivers should be immediatelly changed to hunt
for that line (and all variations of it) to protect modem-owning
population from frying their phone lines and killing themselves? Or modem
manufacturer should be umm... educated about what is reasonable to put in
a hardware and what isn't?

--
Alex