    SubjectRe: TO HELL WITH IT THEN......(re: disk-destroyer.c)
    On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:

    > If you try to pass raw taskfile command to the drive and you have no clue.
    > The hardware will BUCK 99% of the time.
    > Using the kernel IOCTL, it BUCKS 5% of the time and the damage is done.
    > Baically, you want me to continue helping you destroy your hardware.
    > I will not be a part of that!
    > Do you allow USB to send unrestricted commands that will damage the
    > hardware?

    What if someone made a modem that accepts ATSLINE_RAW_OUTPUT=AC380V50HZ
    and does just that? Serial drivers should be immediatelly changed to hunt
    for that line (and all variations of it) to protect modem-owning
    population from frying their phone lines and killing themselves? Or modem
    manufacturer should be umm... educated about what is reasonable to put in
    a hardware and what isn't?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.753 / U:32.264 seconds]