    SubjectRe: disk-destroyer.c
    On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Khimenko Victor wrote:

    >> this matter to have new firmware which then fixes it from the
    >> problem? In other words, IDE drive X that allows drive commands
    >> to fry it: could a new firmware patch be applied that FIXES
    >> this, and now the drive will only allow firmware patches and
    >> other serious commands by checking a signature or something?
    >> Just an idea..
    >It's not always possible but yes, in some case it's possible. Still chances
    >are VERY slim: if manufacturer designed such flawed hardware in first place
    >chances are REAL high that this problem does not bother them at all so who
    >will create such firmware ? Just a thought... ;o)

    Mike A. Harris Linux advocate
    Computer Consultant GNU advocate
    Capslock Consulting Open Source advocate

    ... Our continuing mission: To seek out knowledge of C, to explore
    strange UNIX commands, and to boldly code where no one has man page 4.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.020 / U:13.472 seconds]