SubjectRe: disk-destroyer.c
On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Khimenko Victor wrote:

>> this matter to have new firmware which then fixes it from the
>> problem? In other words, IDE drive X that allows drive commands
>> to fry it: could a new firmware patch be applied that FIXES
>> this, and now the drive will only allow firmware patches and
>> other serious commands by checking a signature or something?
>> Just an idea..
>It's not always possible but yes, in some case it's possible. Still chances
>are VERY slim: if manufacturer designed such flawed hardware in first place
>chances are REAL high that this problem does not bother them at all so who
>will create such firmware ? Just a thought... ;o)

Mike A. Harris Linux advocate
Computer Consultant GNU advocate
Capslock Consulting Open Source advocate

... Our continuing mission: To seek out knowledge of C, to explore
strange UNIX commands, and to boldly code where no one has man page 4.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.126 / U:2.756 seconds]