    Subjectflush_icache_range
    Date
    Can anyone point out the logic of continued existance of flush_icache_range
    after the introduction of flush_icache_page()? I admit that
    flush_icache_range is still needed in the module loading code, but do we
    need it anymore in the a.out loading code? That code should be incurring
    page faults, which will do the flush_icache_page anyway. Seems like
    double work to me to do flush_icache_range again after the loading has
    been done.

    This argument to delete the flush_icache_range calls from the a.out
    not do unexpected things like touch the user address (thus allocating
    the page, and doing the icache flush via the page fault handler much
    earlier) before it starts reading the a.out sections in ...

    Kanoj

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.018 / U:0.780 seconds]